Happy New Year and Welcome 2017!
While winter is not my most favorite time of year, I get many clients who'd like a beautiful hoar frost session or the snow softly falling. Catching either of those takes some planning, weather watching and being ready on short notice! If you are thinking of a wintery session, here are my top 6 tips to help you prepare:
1. Plan to wear layers so you're nice and cozy warm. Leggings under jeans, a long sleeve button up shirt, layer a light jacket under a heavier one, scarves and mitts. Things that are easily interchangeable during your session so we can also get some different looks.
2. If it's snowing, your hair will become weighed down by the of the snow, so a toque or hat for the second half of your session would be a great idea!
3. If you have a great pair of boots, by all means wear them but maybe have something a little warmer to slip into. Once your feet get cold, you'll feel miserable for the rest of your session. It's hard to smile if you're cold!
4. Bring a big blanket that you can wrap yourselves in to cuddle and warm up and a thermos of hot chocolate or tea!
5. Do a favorite winter activity that you enjoy! Skating, building a snowman, sledding, ice fishing etc.
6. We may be tough, hardy Canadians but let's face it, this is Manitoba and well it can get really COLD so sometimes you just need to move it inside!
There are plenty of great locations in Manitoba so let's start planning!
I am a Professional Birth and Family Photographer as well as a trained Doula. Lifestyle sessions document your story in a more natural way as it happens with minimal posing. We'd love to come to your home or favorite place to hang out and spend some time capturing your memories! Photography sessions are available in Winnipeg, Brandon, Morden, Winkler and throughout the Pembina Valley and Southern Manitoba. Considering a lifestyle or storytelling session rather than traditional portraits for your family? Contact me here.